Saturday, December 15, 2012

Michaela's last day of school


Today was Michaela’s last day of her first year of school.

The year began with Michaela crying every day for 3months and me leaving there not wanting to go to work/not wanting to engage with others, constantly thinking of my little girls outstretched arm  and a face saying “take me with daddy” – I am so sorry for those first few months Michaela. After attending a parents meeting one night and hearing from the other parent’s how I can improve the crying situation by letting her carry her own bag into the school, etc – things started getting much better, so much better that 6months down the line and it was me with the outstretched arm and a face saying “hug me bye”.

One of the lowest points for me as a parent was the day they invited all the parent’s to participate in the Kinder Musiek activity. Me and Luceen arrived at the school only to find out we had the time wrong and the activity was already done – all the other kids parents were there on time and only Michaela’s parents were missing. I felt so bad for not being there with/for her that day – sorry Michaela. The next day as I was picking her up she said to me, “dad why you fetching me so late?” – I have been making up ever since J

The highlight of the year for me was when she showed me her report with Gold Stars all through it. Our little girl has learnt so much in her first year @ Smiley Kids.

Dad and Mom are proud of you Michaela.

No comments:

Post a Comment